The location of this place is superb. Less crowded than the other National Parks in the area and well worth a visit. We didnt see any bears despite looking hard and hanging around at 6am in the meadows, but that didnt ruin an excellent location. The scenary and scents were breathtaking and would strongly recommend.
The rooms themselves were OK, clean simple but not more than OK. All aspects of the service were excellent. The best surprise was the dining. A real suprise - the evening dinner was exceptional and breakfasts generous.
Guide to travellers, the Zip/sat nav code is not quite correct. In fact about 15 miles of mountain road out- and at 10 to 15 miles an hour at points - almost and hour from the lower car park.
I would return here 100%
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge