Ok, I'll get get the unpleasant bit out of the way. Like many places this hotel places a 'holding fee' on your credit card. Every other place we stayed in that did this refunded this amount immediately on checkout with no problem at all. That did not happen here. We discovered that $251.99 had been taken from our account by Wuksachi. This was an odd amount as it did not match the cost of one nights stay as it should have done. We connected the lodge who replied saying that it was a holding fee & that it was our credit card company that was slow in processing the refund. The truth was that the money had simply not been refunded by the lodge. After a few days we contacted them again but received no reply. We then contacted the parent company Delaware North but received no reply. After contacting a third section of the company to no avail we were seriously considering reporting this to the US authorities as the lack of response and the odd amount taken made us think some kind of fraud had taken place. Three weeks after checkout the money appeared back on our account (we checked it daily). There was no notification or apology from anyone.
Now for the nicer bit. The location is wonderful. You can easily get to most of the great sights from here and some trails can be accessed from the lodge. The rooms are just like the typical room you get in most US hotels. There is no AC but we didn't not need it.
We liked the restaurant and a number of really nice meals there. The only slight issue is that the main building has a lot of large windows which has a greenhouse effect making it very warm/hot inside. We always tried to get a table near a fan.
I would go back here again, but I'd keep a very close eye on the account!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge