It did not start too well. At 6:30pm I was told by the restaurant that I could not get a table for 5 before 9:30 pm. So I decided to place an order to go instead...that was supposed to take 20 min. Fine, but in the meantime I went to check in. the whole process took 45mn as I was 3rd in line and the Italian couple in front of me had a hard time to understand the safety rules about bears. Moreover the clerk kept picking up the phone as well...very frustrating. My own registration took less than 5min as I expedited it and we finally head to our room. Only 3 floors so no elevator. Be ready to carry your luggages. No table either, so we had an indoor diner on our suitcases. Our large room had a small fridge, a TV and beds were comfortable. Breakfast sitting was not a problem and buffet is affordable but variety limited. All in all I would still return simply for the convenient location in the middle of the park. But I guess I will check in as early as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge