We stayed one night, and overall, everything was fine.
We only had three frustrations:
The first frustration was that we had requested our box lunches be prepared for 11:00am for the following day, the receptionist had made the official request, but the following day, the lunch was not available until 12Noon. Even after the receptionist that morning continued to request the lunch be made. I think it had something to do with when the restaurant people start their shifts and a possible cultural/language/work ethic breakdown between the Reception and the support staff. I think that some people working at this location are not quite familiar with American English and American work Ethic culture. Please make sure that all supporting staff is trained for both. The receptionists were great, no problem with them.
The second frustration was that the sofa bed was slightly broken and very uncomfortable.
The third frustration was there was no air-conditioning.
Other than that, everything was pretty and fine.
Even saw some deer around the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge