I've read mixed reviews here about the Wuksachi Lodge and did want to share we enjoyed our stay. We weren't there for hotel service, food etc. and we didn't have kids to care for, so things may have been easier for us. We were simply there for the National Forest. College students from all over the world who are majoring in the service industry do internships at the Wuksachi Lodge. That means interns are ALWAYS being trained so things, especially in the restaurant are going to take longer that what one might expect. They work in the kitchen, at the front desk and provide all kinds of other customer services including translating for visitors.
Our room was fine. It was comfortable, simple and clean. It was nice to also have a mini-frig. If you're expecting that you're going to get awesome service, it's important to remember that everything has to be "imported" into the park, including all of the food - and all the garbage has to be exported OUT of the National Park. The Lodge offered shuttle services to most of the local venues so you didn't have to drive your car if you didn't want to. They also offered a BBQ night where hotel guests could eat outside and enjoy stories that were told by individuals in period costumes. They depicted life in the area as it would have been like for the earliest settlers. We also had a really cool time during the start gazing event hosted by the Lodge.
Again, you just have to remember you're in a national park, and things are going to be different in every sense of the word. Most of the time we spent in our room was "recovery time." Staying at the Lodge enabled us to do everything we wanted to do in the park. We had a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge