The lodge is almost central to both Sequoia and Kings Canyon and therefore perfect for exploring both parks. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. Public areas were pleasant. Our only knock was food. You are a captive audience, so really no choices. Breakfast was expensive although you could opt for just continental. Beware of dinner the day of arrival. The restaurant was booked solid so either eat at 10:00PM (not good for the kids) or carry your dinner to your room. Book dinner ahead and you should be fine.
They offered to help with luggage and we declined, but then found a steep hill to climb to the lodge buildings. We should have accepted their help. Staff was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge