We stayed at the Wuksachi Lodge for one night. There are a lot of trails right off the main parking lot. But as a runner, the trail to Lodgepole isn't an easy one most of it is down hill and it is full of loose rocks so be careful! It is a great walking trail though.. Beautiful scenery. Returning to the room from an exhausting day of hiking and exploring the Sequoia National Park was fantastic. Large rooms, hot shower what more could you ask for? We had reservations at the restaurant in the lodge at 7:45 and we arrived 10 minutes early and checked in but we were told we could not be seated, although 2/3 of the restaurant was empty. (Strike one) Once we were seated it took about 15 minutes just to get our drink order in. and we didn't get bread (Strike two) Once we ordered our meals it took about an hour for the food to come out which was ridiculous considering how small the portions were. Plus, they got my brothers order wrong and still charged us extra. (Strike three) The penne pasta was very good and although they had poor service their chocolate mousse cake was exceptional! A drive into Lodgepole for lunch or dinner is well worth it. Overall, I was very happy with my stay at the Wuksachi Lodge and I will defiantly be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge