I was a little wary about making a reservation here, because the other property we visited run by the Delaware North Cos was the Lodge at Yosemite, which was deplorable.
But, we needed to stay at the Wuksachi to acclimate to the altitude before a big hike to Bearpaw High Sierra Camp the next day. So we made the reservation, and I was ready to grumble. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the adorable place. It was newer, clean, and the staff was phenomenal.
We enjoyed our room, which was large, comfortable, bright and clean (SO unlike the Yosemite Lodge). It had great views and was near a trailhead for a short hike to Clover Creek. My only reason for 4/5 stars is the relatively higher price of the room and restaurant. But, it's that location .... so they know they've got ya. However, it was not exorbitant.
The person who checked us in, Everett, was awesome. The manager, Iliea, was very accommodating and sweet. The dinner in the restaurant - though pricey - had great service and was delicious.
I would definitely stay here again - and plan to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge