I was thrilled to be able to get a room at this hotel, as it was recommended in "1,000 Places to See Before You Die." It is located in a perfect location if you're spending time in Sequoia National Park. But after a day of hiking and being exhausted, we were disappointed with the hotel. The welcome lodge is beautiful and had friendly front desk staff. But we were told we needed to make a reservation for dinner (only one restaurant on site). The first available spot was 8:30pm...not good when you're tired and hungry. We had to cart our luggage up a hill to the Stewart Lodge (not a problem for our family but it could be a problem for seniors or families with young children). The room was spacious and clean but not as "fancy" as the welcome lodge. Kind of disappointing for how expensive a room is for a night. We had to wait for over 40 minutes to be seated at the "Peaks" restaurant. Once seated, the waiter gave us bread and water right away. Gave us enough time to review the menu and place our order (food is limited and EXPENSIVE for a family). But then he disappeared. We were not offered water again until our food was delivered about 30 minutes later. Portions were small for the price. This meal tarnished our stay at the Wuksachi. Just overpriced for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge