I would agree with others that the main advantage of Wuksachi is its location. It is ideal for the close Big Forest , for Grant's Grove and King's River. But we were there in 87 degree and 75 degree weather. The facility has no air conditioning. The rooms have some exhaust fans which get the room near outside temperature by about 2 a.m. But the main lodge gets heated by a greenhouse effect and the lobby and the dining hall were sweat lodges. In addition the dining room is full of flies and the meal needs a lot of driving them off or swatting them. The meals were average to poor, an apple cobbler with five pounds of dough and five ounces of apple. The other food was OK, the rooms average. Grant's Grove Village and Lodge would be my next choice, air conditioning and really friendly people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge