We found Wuksachi Lodge to be clean, comfortable, full of beautiful vistas and very convenient as far as touring Sequoia National Forest. The rooms are pleasant, clean and serve their purpose, nothing noteworthy. Of note: there was no wireless access from our rooms, just the lodge - which did not bother us one way or the other. The restaurant menu looks better than it tastes, but it is not at all bad - the food is mediocre to good. The bar is mediocre to good. The staff are pleasant, but do not go far out of their way to help, except the bartender, who was exceptional. The breakfast buffet is good. However, when our family ordered the breakfast buffet and I asked for egg whites or Egg Beaters to be served to me as I get sick w/ egg yolks, I was told "we don't do that here". I was taken aback as this was NOT an inexpensive buffet and even cheap breakfast eatery buffets will do this without blinking an eye. When I met the server's response with my silence, he reconsidered then said "I'll check with the kitchen" and they did make me egg whites - I am happy to pay an upcharge for such and said as much. Anyway, I saw it as another example of the staff just really not being willing to go out of their way for paying guests. However, nothing was glaringly bad either, it is a pleasant place to stay.
All that aside, the scenery from and near the lodge is spectacular, the setting of the lodge is just beautiful. If you stay here, no time is wasted going to/from a place outside of the park. It is a perfect, beautiful play to stay on your way to Yosemite or to Santa Cruz, as we did, then continue down the Pacific Coast Highway. it is not a bad place to have on your intineray at all.
If you don't expect the sense of being well taken care of, you will not be disappointed and you will enjoy the beauty of the setting and the comfort of a clean room in a quiet setting.
We (our family) would absolutely stay here again, but we would be staying for the scenery, the relative comfort and the convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge