As other reviewers have indicated, this probably is the best choice for those who want to stay within Sequoia National Park, rather than nearby. The park is very large, and winding mountain roads make travel slow, so the park's lodges, though pricey, let one enjoy nature to the fullest, and Wuksachi is the least spartan and newest of them. My wife and I were only able to book a premium room. It had 2 queen beds, plus a hideaway bed in a couch, in a separate space in an alcove at one end of the very large main room. This room can accommodate a family, and was really more than we needed. It cost (with tax) about $250 a night. The lodge rooms are located in three 3-storey buildings (no elevators) that are a long uphill trek from the parking area. Free luggage caddies are available, as well as assistance from the front desk if needed. The room was very clean and had nice views on two sides. There was an older tv (not flat screen or HD). Staff were all friendly and helpful--one offered us a ride to the parking area when he saw us beginning to walk there (it had started to snow--in May!). At a lodge like this tries to compete with upscale properties in urban areas, but can't quite measure up; on the other hand, staying within a national park can be priceless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge