I can see why so many of the reviews of the Wuksachi Lodge are negative, but if you know ahead of time what to expect and what not to expect, I think you can make the place "work" for you. It definitely grew on me! It's a schlep to your room, but you can drive to the buildings and there are plenty of suitcase carts. True, there is no elevator...but it's two short flights of stairs. If there are disability issues, request a room on the first floor.
The dining hall and bar are actually very good with terrific views....one night during early dinner hours, a mother bear and her cubs were spotted from the dining room windows. Go for the continental b'fast which is plenty of food and much cheaper than the buffet. There's a good wine list of local wines and some good beers as well.
Sequoia is not a developed park like Yosemite. It is much more wild and open which can be very nice. There are good trails of varying lengths and difficulty...and they're well maintained. There's a big market not far from the lodge but it's not visible from the road. Definitely take food and drinks with you during the day as there are no concessions...at least not until after Memorial Day weekend.
True, the WiFi is only at the main lodge and it's slow....but you're surrounded by thousand year old trees!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge