We really liked this motel style lodge hotel in the heart of the Sequoia National Park.
This place is high (7000ft / 2133m) which made carrying two suitcases up two flights of stairs much harder work than it should have been!
The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly and really did seem to want to make our stay as good as it could be. The room was big, comfortable and clean. Even in April, I would say that it was a little stuffy at night even with the ceiling fan and windows open but we slept ok.
We stayed two nights and ate in the restaurant both nights as there wasn't really much alternative! The food and staff were excellent even though it was a little pricy compared to other places we at on the trip. The service was a little slow on both nights and I had to ask for a wine cooler 3 times before one turned up (almost half way through the bottle!). A minor point for an overall excellent stay.
One point on the wifi. There is no phone signal in the park so wifi would be handy. The wifi only worked in the main lodge building and even then was very very slow (I measured 0.02mbps which is bad considering you normally get around 2.00 mbps on a 3g connection). It was funny in the evening sitting in the bar watching numerous guests waving iPhones, iPads and laptops around trying to get a better signal!
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, HotelsClick, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.