My husband and I are currently staying here, this place isn't what we expected at all. We are very disappointed and can't wait to get out of there.. From check in you have to drive to one of 3 lodges, the track from the car park is all up hill and with heavy luggage it wasn't ideal. Either using the steps or the slope. The guy at reception did ask if we wanted help with our luggage, we asked twice if it was manageable by our selves and he said it was fine. Far from!!!! Once you climbed this hill you are at the lodge. The door to the lodge has a key card access but it wasn't in use so anyone can just walk in very unsettling! We thought there would be a lift inside as its a three levels- but no! Only stairs. My husband is disabled and this was far from ideal. I did ring the front desk instead of walking all the way back down, and the guy was very sorry for our trouble, but sorry doesnt make this better, we are the sorry ones, not them! very bad communication. We did make a dinner reservation when we checked in, but after our ordeal we had to cancel it. We were simply to exhausted from our 8 hour drive from Death Valley and then this, we thought we would stay in our room and relax. The room has complimentary tea and coffee facilities, but no milk? And to find any around this place was quite hard, we ended up having to pay $4 for two small cups milk in the bar. We recommend to anyone to buy all food and drink essentials before entering sequioa. As its an hour drive to any shop!!!! We have put in a complaint to our travel agent, and will put in a second complaint when we check out. We were so looking forward to coming to sequioa, and now bitterly disappointed. Staff at the lodge are friendly, but their English, is hard to understand. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge