First things first, I like to make allowances (see review of King's Canyon Resort in Australia). These guys are many miles away from the nearest city and with that in mind they do some things pretty well. We breakfasted and dined at the restaurant twice and the food was fine, the service varying from monosyllabic (barman) to excellent (Charlotte and Aaron).
The lodge's public areas are tasteful and comfortable and present the best of the facility.
But the rooms and accommodation blocks themselves are a let-down. They're tired and the premium price is not indicative of the fairly basic standard. Again, costs are probably higher. What disappointed me most was the cleanliness, or lack of it. The corridiors were shabby, and our room had dust behind the beds (as I was looking for a power outlet), cobwebs ... the standard of housekeeping just wasn't very good, and that surely is *not* a function of remoteness?
Sequoia/Kings' Canyon is a breathtakingly beautiful area and my most accounts this is the best of the accommodation. We certainly had a pleasant enough stay, but I was quite disappointed relative to expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge