My boyfriend and I spent a few days here for New Years and were glad we stayed in the park during the winter. Unfortunately this is the only lodge open during the winter due to the high snowfalls, but it was well worth it in the end, since the trek up to the sequoia's from anywhere outside the park is very long and takes alot of time. What you are paying for here is the location. The scenary around the lodge is stunning and you are within minutes from the giant Sequoia's and trails. Our room was very large for a standard King and very clean and neat. Nothing over the top but perfect for our needs. Everyone complains about how far the parking lot is from the hotel, but it is honestly not that bad. If you are coming to enjoy nature, you are not going to complain about a short walk in the beautiful scenary anyways. We went on an off time of the year, but I would recommend booking this hotel ahead of time and book dinner reservations at the lodge when you get there for the week. They have very limited dinner availability for reservations and if you can't eat there you are stuck. The food was ok, very overpriced but you are in the middle of nowhere. The breakfast buffet is very nice and offers plenty of food. If you go during the winter or when there is snow on the ground, I would recommend renting snow shoes down in the basement. They are very inexpensive and help you see several of the tree's that are limited by the snow on the foot trails. All around it was a very cozy and enjoyable stay and I would definitely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge