Don't think this hotel is a honeymoon destination but if you're there to see the trees it works great.
Seems like a trip with 'the guys' would be good at this place.
A little rundown. A little unclean in places.
Beware of the bottom floor of the guest buildings. We had a nice big tree right in front of our window. Not much of a view.
Staff is adequate but not totally on top of everything. At checkout it took three people to explain some extra charges on my bill.
Internet in main building is very very slow. (Again, not there for the internet but... it is).
Restaurant was actually pretty good.
Rental shop downstairs was very helpful. Rented some snowshoes- was given a little extra time since I rented them late in the day.
Overall, room and food is pretty pricey for what you're getting. Guess they're charging for being the only lodging for miles.
Location is VERY good for getting to places in Sequoia.
Because of the location and relative connivence I would stay there again. I think I got the 'deluxe' room- next time I'd get just the standard and save the money- not worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.