There aren't too many choices of places to stay during the wintery months in Sequoia National Park. The lodge itself is a nice building; rustic lobby and a warm fire. The rooms are not in this building, but in buildings a short drive away! The check-in was long (there was only one overworked young lady at the front desk at the 4pm check-in time) but pleasant. Our room was fairly spacious, but almost stark. The bed was an eastern king and rather worn. We had everything for a comfortable stay, but nothing plush about this room. I don't have photos to share, but the pics here are accurate. We didn't dislike our room, but weren't overly impressed. That being said, we would probably stay here again.
We walked back to the lodge in the evening for dinner (the only place to go to eat!) and had a pleasant experience in their dining room; the service was quite good. Glad we made reservations when we checked into our room earlier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge