Our backpacking trip was cut short by snow, so we found refuge in this hotel. I thought the room was beautiful and clean, with good beds and bathroom. It even had a bathtub, which I needed after a day of hiking. We ended up staying for three nights, even though the price was high for us (snow does that to a budget). As other reviewers say, there is a short walk from the parking lot to the room, but they will take care of your luggage if you ask. The best part of the design is that there is an effort to leave nature, including tall trees around the property, so that you don't feel like you are in a fake landscaped environment. The restaurant was pricey but good. You are a captive audience, but they did pretty well. If you like chocolate, definitely try the triple chocolate cake!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge