The National Park System has you over a barrel. If you don't stay in the park you would have to drive better than hour to a good hotel. So in order to be close to the park, we had to endure the noise of our neighbors or the flushing of a toilet two rooms away. The noise was unbearable. If you want to stay here bring ear plugs, they may help some, but don't count on it. This was not just some noisy neighbors, you can hear everyone in the lodge talking rooms away. This is just no insulation in the walls. And it was fairly quiet the time we were there. I have stayed in a lot of National Park lodgings and they are all about the same. I will have to say this one ranks right up there at the top. The rooms are nice and well kept, but it really dosen't matter if you can't sleep.
The restaurant at the main lodge is way over priced for the quality of the food. We had breakfast and lunch, and decided not to eat there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge