“Good time at Grant Gove Center and Cabins” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
LA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good time at Grant Gove Center and Cabins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

very handy services, generally quiet - except on weekends All the staff, incl. park rangers, were very helpful!

Colorado
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Nice but not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Out of all the national parks I have been to, I have seen my fair share of visitor centers. This one was ok. It wasn't the best I have been to but it was set up nice and was clean. The exhibits weren't as updated as they could have been but the rangers were helpful and the volunteers were on top of answering questions.

Monroe
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great video to Watch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

There is a movie that one can sit down and watch which was relaxing and informative, the gifts were less expensive here than those at Sequoia Park Gift shop. Both parks have both park memorabilia in them so do not think if you do not get it now, you will miss out on having something to remind you of your trip. The clerks were very helpful at directing us around to where we wanted to see and experience at the visitor center. The Grant's Grove Visitor Center is kind of like a small town in the middle of the park. You have your cabins to sleep in, your restaurant to eat in, a little grocery store with needed supplies and refreshments, snacks for camping, and even a postal service building. We left early for hiking and sightseeing before checking out. Then we proceeded to get halfway to Las Vegas before realizing that we forgot to turn in our Grant's Grove Cabin Key. Once in our room in Las Vegas we called to inform them that we would mail the key over to them. I do hope they received the key, (no extra charges were applied to our charge card).

Visited June 2014
Georgia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“mixed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Yes, the people at the visitor center were very knowledgable and were very helpful. There was also a post office, a general store which was adequately equipped, and a nice gift shop. Rest rooms were available. This is where you would check in if you were staying at the John Muir Lodge. There is a restaurant there also. (My momma always told me that if you could not say something nice about a person or a place, to keep my mouth shut, so I will) Let's just say that the kitchen manager was a very nice person and appeared to care very much. The restaurant serves three meals at reasonable rates. The serving staff was courteous and competent. I rate this a "very good" simply because of the staff of rangers at the visitor center. Otherwise, it would be "average". However, to me, being average is not a negative rating.

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great Shopping, Friendly People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had a great time looking at the souveniers here - the sales staff were very friendly and helpful. They told us where we could get gas and some highlights of what to see.

Visited June 2014