“Nice little campground along the Hamma Hamma River” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hamma Hamma Campground

Hamma Hamma Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olympic National Park
Hamma Hamma Campground
Olympic National Forest, Olympic National Park, WA 98512   |
cedarview2
“Nice little campground along the Hamma Hamma River”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

14 miles from Hoodsport Washington is this nice little campground with about 15 tent/rv campsites along the shore of the Hamma Hamma River in Olympic National Forest.
For pics/video of campground:

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My first trip to the hamma hamma was with my then boyfriend (now husband) in 2005. We drove up past the campground to a very private spot which is sadly unaccessable now due to a rock slide cutting off the road in 2009 or 10. We set up the tend so close to the water, which was so fresh and swift and clear. He went fishing, I built the fire (i suggest bringing fire wood or fire starter as the surrounding wood is wet) and we had one of the the best times camping I've ever had in my life. He started going there when he was about 5 with his Family to go camping and fishing and now it's our family tradition. My husband's father passed away last year and this past summer we all drove up to the Hamma to spread his ashes in the canyon (difficult hike if you're interested). The beauty of the Hamma and the magic it exudes brought such peace to everyone there...young and old. My husband and I and two sons (ages 13 and 5) stayed on to camp with some other family members. While my husband and older son were fishing, it started to get dark and my 5 year old got very scared and started to cry and ask to go home. I cozied him into our tend and I started to make up a story while we gazed throuch the open netted tent top at the huge, old-growth, moss covered tree. The story centered on the tree fairys (actually dragon flies which were quite active and lovley), water fairys and rock fairys. Not only did it calm him, he now loves the Hamma as much as we do and can't wait to go back next year. It is so easy to believe there are fairys here. The magic is infectious!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Olympia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My boyfriend and i and a couple friends have been going up there for yrs it is so so pretty the water is beautiful if you want somewhere beautiful then this is the place to go!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
victoria, british columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

Hello, My husband and I were travelling along Hwy. 101..that in itself is a Beautiful Trip....all along the Ocean, through the Forest, BEAUTIFUL...It was very foggy this one particular day and it was getting onto evening. We were looking for a place to camp when we came across a rather small sign pointing to 'camping ahead' or something to that effect...We turned right, drove on a bit through the fog and came across the turnoff for Hamma Hamma....Still in the Fog, which made it all rather mysterious. The Fog made everything so beautiful...Spider Webs like strands of pearls...and the Moss on the fallen century old trees looked like frost....We set up our tent, the first for my husband and when we rose the following morning we found ourselves in a very magical place. Old growth forest. The Sun was coming through these majestic trees and the smoke from other campfires.....gosh I could carry on...It was the first time my husband had been camping I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful introduction to camping Hamma Hamma is a most amazing place....The River is magical.....There are trails to explore...one could not ask for anything more... I was skipping stones and a young lad came up to me and asked me not to throw rocks as it would scare the Fish....I will never, ever forget that day... We returned to Hamma Hamma a few more times. We spent a Thanksgiving Wknd there....we made a bed from all the beautiful leaves...there was a full moon that night. My husband played guitar. It sounds silly but I felt as though the Forest animals were gathered around...I said it was silly!!!...Hamma Hamma Campground is a very beautiful place to camp. Rather primitive with respect to the facilities but no matter....Thank you for reading my story....And please if anyone out there has been there recently please write a note about your stay. I would love to hear that nothing has changed....And please take only your memories and.......Again, thank you for giving me the opportunity to share such good memories....I must tell you it has been several years since we have been......None the Less please print this note as I truly hope to read of another's adventures at Hamma Hamma......Thank You....Peace, Kathy and Dennis

Stayed September 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2003

Very pretty and well designed campground. CCC intrepretive trail, Hamma River, and Lena Lake trailhead nearby. Outhouse smelled bad but otherwise very pleasant. Incredible value for my $10!!

Been to Hamma Hamma Campground? Share your experiences!