“Beautiful Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Ruby Beach
Improve this listing
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Dramatic Pacific coast beach with a rugged shoreline.
Woodstock, Georgia
34 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great vista of the ocean and a beach covered with logs. Take the short trail down to the beach and stroll this beautiful property.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
20 attraction reviews
“A Magnificent Scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is nature at her most spectacular. You walk down a trail from the top of a bluff through an evergreen forest to reach a round-rock beach littered with driftwood. Just off-shore are sea stacks, craggy rock formations that rise up from the shallows. Pacific Ocean waves crash against them with a roar. This is the natural world powerful, primitive and beautiful!

Dayton, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
“Rocks and driftwood beach WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am a beach nut I loved this beach. The first thing you see is a beach covered with what looked like river rock and driftwood. The farther down you walk the beach you will come to sand. There are huge rocks just off the beach which my husband and friend climbed to the top.The sand was a dark brown which I have never seen on an ocean beach before. The water was freezing so I wouldn't plan on swimming but the view was awesome. We spent several hours just relaxing and watching the surf.

Scottsdale, Arizona
42 attraction reviews
“Beautiful sea stacks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had to climb over a lot of driftwood to get to the beach, but well worth it. I loved the rock formations and the beauty of the beach. It started to rain while I was there, but was still amazing. I was there at low tide, saw a few tide-pools. Well worth the stop here.

Chicago, Illinois
116 attraction reviews
“Highlight of Our Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place was simply beautiful!! We got there toward the evening low tide, which made all the difference. The scene was spactacular. The parking lot was full but when we hiked to the bottom, the people were spread out because the area is very large to roam and explore. We stayed near the river so we didnt have to climb any logs/driftwood because there was a clear path out but we got on some anyway for some photos. I should warn you that I read beforehand to use great caution when climbing on those logs because they may not be secured to the beach soundly. I imagine they move with the tide. They weigh a few tons, so I would not assume anything. It's like nothing I ever seen. Very happy we stopped. You turn off 101S and a couple of blocks later, you are there. It's a packed trail, easy going down but a small huff-and-a-puff coming up. You wont be disappointed.I think the tide is like every 6 hours-two lows a day but I'm not too sure. If you get there 1 hour before or after low tide, I would imagine that would give you some time to stomp around down there. Have fun and be safe.

Visited August 2012