“View cannot be beat!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Saratoga Springs, New York
“View cannot be beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had dinner here and the wait staff was wonderful. You should come here for the view. The food was good and we enjoyed our meal. We were seated right next to a window overlooking to glowing Kilauea crater; and it was very cool when they turned off the lights in the dining room for a bit so we could all see the glow even better. Very enjoyable dinner.

Visited August 2014

“Nice way to end the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband and I made dinner reservations for after our site seeing in the park. What a great way to cap off the day. We were seated at our table right away. Our server was great. I had the rare seared Kona Kampachi. It was delicious. The view was beautiful and really enjoyed it when the staff turned down the lights for a few minutes to enjoy the view.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Do Not MISS !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was an AMAZING place to eat, drink n enjoy the BEST view of the Volcano!!! Highly Recommended :D Great Food, Atmosphere n Service !!!! Ricardo is the BEST !!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, New Jersey
“a defininite place to visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My family of four with kids ages 13 and 15 recently stayed at The Volcano House from Aug. 1 through August 4, 2014. After about 15 hours of travel, we arrived around 9:00 pm HI time and were exhausted. We were immediately greeted by Chris, the bell-hop who was so friendly and helpful, carrying all of our luggage upstairs to our room. He was genuinely happy to do his job, and whenever we saw him, he was always helping someone or ready for a friendly conversation with a smile on his face. He even went out of his way to save us some cookies, a nighttime treat for those who stay overnight, they are delicious, freshly baked each night. Chris, if you are reading this, I know you remember me right now! LOL Now, he did this because I told him I kept missing the cookie hour, so he remembered and when we returned back from our hike, he had 4 cookies waiting for us. So thoughtful of him! This hotel is small, which we loved. The beds are very comfortable. The women who work in the restaurant in the mornings are so nice, the one with the dark hair very informative with information when asked about surrounding area and things to see and do from her perspective. The one with the lighter hair also very sweet and attentive at breakfast. You cannot go wrong with the breakfast buffet. The eggwhite omelets were great, and the selections were wonderful, just what we needed before an active day. Their guava juice was delicious. Not crowded, just perfect. There is a fireplace that is lit each day, and so nice to sit by when it starts to get chilly at night. Dinner was memorable when they shut the lights off for about a minute or two so everyone can get a chance to see the volcano lit up at night. We requested a window view in advance when we booked, and that is what we got. Very memorable dinner. The actual food was not that good at dinner, I am sorry to report. By that I mean that it wasn't hot, just warm, and my chicken was tough. The prices are too high for this type of food to be served at a restaurant. It took a long time to arrive at the table as well. We had room 19, which is advertised as a volcano view room. I'd agree, but there is a tree that does stand in the way of a totally unobstructed view of it. However, we could see a little more than half of it, and the glow was amazing from about midnight til about 3 am, if you happen to awake in the middle of the night. We could also see it during the day, sulfer billowing out of it. We thought that was very cool. Also, we didn't feel the need to complain, we were on vacation, and we still saw it. I would take this room again. It was a great location to the stairs. We were very comfortable in it. The shower and bathroom were clean, and the shampoo, conditioner and body wash is all provided in the shower. Nice touch! We took the 5:00pm hike with Tim, and I highly suggest you do so. He is a wealth of knowledge, and it was such a spectacular hike with the sun setting and amazing landscape. This is a perk of staying here. The free bikes provided also offered a wonderful family bike-ride on their property. I loved it! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to unplug. There is no AC, no TV, but it is not needed. And access to The Jagger museum and all excellent hiking trails, especially the IKI trail is right at your finger-tips. Truly a once-in-a-lifetime memorable stay for this family. I'm very glad we made the decision to stay 3 nights as well. There is so much to take in.

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

You can't get any closer to Kilauea's crater and still enjoy a delicious meal! They even turn down the lights for a few minutes so you can see the red lava steam coming out from its vent!