We stayed one night at Volcano House. It has been completely remodeled and was very clean, but the rooms are very small and so are the bathrooms. If I were to do it again, I would look for a B&B near the park - I think it might offer more for a lot less. As for the restaurant, one of us ordered a rib-eye steak that was at least 50% fat. Another ordered surf and turf that had a strip steak that was extremely tough. Sorry but I cannot recommend them at this time. Maybe when they get their act together.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano House Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano House Hotel
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano House Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and perched on the rim of Kilauea’s Halemaumau crater, the historic Volcano House Hotel has long captured the imagination of visitors from all over the world with its iconic location, rich cultural legacy, and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Drawing upon a storied history dating back to 1846, Volcano House Hotel is now re-imagined for a new era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Volcano House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.