“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Harrogate, Tennessee
27 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is not a hard hike and very worth the trip. As in all the mountain hikes just take your time and enjoy the view.

Visited August 2012

Williamsport, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
“A Difficult Adventure! We loved it!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We hiked this 5mile after a lot of rain. The water level was up and everything was slipery. It is a moderatley difficult hike and you will deffinatley feel it afterwards! The veiws are amazing! The thin log bridges were a little scary. My kids thought they were cool! The falls were breathtaking! We were deffinatley all ready for a nap by the time we got back to the van! I highly recomend this trail!!!!!!!

Visited April 2013
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic views and a good walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Despite pretty bad weather, and parking in the wrong lot, it was a wonderful walk with the family. Coming over the ridge and walking into Abrams were the highlights, other than the inch of snow that fell during the walk. Great people at the falls helped with the family photos - great memories.

Indianapolis, Indiana
29 attraction reviews
“Difficult hike but OH SO WORTH IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We are not experienced hikers. My 9 year old hiked the whole route...my 5 year old did not. She got a ride on daddy's shoulders. The walk is beautiful but is a hard walk....steep thigh burning hills and knee jarring descents. The sheer drop offs left our knees weak but the end result was so worth the effort. The falls are spectacular. I can't wait to go back when it is warm to wade into the water....it is so beautiful.

Plan ahead for this walk because it takes 3-4 hours. Pack lots of water and snacks....if you have a little one in a stroller, leave the stroller. It will not make the rocky terrain.

O'Fallon, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
“Very nice hike, somewhat challenging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I consider myself in pretty good shape, my wife is in decent shape after having a child 4 months prior. We did have to take some breaks for her along the way but I think that this hike was worth it. You are on inclines and declines both ways of this hike - it isn't uphill going out and downhill coming back necessarily.

Nearly the entire duration of the hike you are along a creek that is very enjoyable to listen to. There are some peaks that offer good vantage points of the park, but be careful if going early in the morning. The parts of the trail that are shaded may still contain some ice or frost.

While the falls aren't as tall as some others in the park (Hen Wallow, Rainbow, Grotto), the sheer volume of water cascading down was awesome. My wife and I did this hike in about 2 1/2 hours with a few short stops along the way and about 5-10 mins at the falls. If you are traveling with little ones or need to stop more than 2 or 3 times, it could take a considerable amount longer. I believe the sign at the trailhead estimated 4 hours.