“A special treat during our Grand Canyon visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Tovar Lounge

El Tovar Lounge
6312 South Fiddlers Green Circle, Suite 600N, El Tovar Hotel, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
928.638.2631
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Continental
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Prince Rupert, BC
“A special treat during our Grand Canyon visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We kind of just fell into this one. We got lost right off when we entered the park, and ended up getting recommendations from fellow in a gift store. He recommended El Tovar. We needed to go for an early lunch as my husband was going to be having a helicopter ride, so we arrived at the El Tovar at 11:15. This historic hotel was still decorated in its Christmas finery, and since we were there just as the lunch seatings were starting we were given a table beside the lit fireplace and overlooking the canyon view. The choices were surprisingly reasonable in price. I had a chicken salad lettuce wrap and a lovely glass of wine. My husband had the soup of the day, beef vegetable and a reuben sandwich. He said the soup was great - but then he also says he has never had a bad bowl of soup. He didn't finish his sandwich so that shows how generous the portions were. We would highly recommend this location for fine dining.

• Visited January 2013

• Finnish first
Red Deer, Canada
“Good food but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had a fabulous breakfast here on Christmas morning. The food was great and so were the views. The 'but' is the service. I was dining alone and felt ignored by the staff. I had to get up and go in search of someone to place my order with. When it came time to pay, same thing.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great place to get a bite to eat while enjoying the mighty Grand Canyon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

After enjoying the view of the Grand Canyon and taking many photos, the wife and I got pretty hungry. We walked into El Tovar and was really impressed. Since it was just the two of us we were able to get a table right away. A group of 5 people in front of us were told that they would have to wait an hour for a table. The dining area has a great atmosphere with a lot of history. The service is on a five star quality even though everybody was in hiking gear and hoodies. Take time to grab a bite to eat here. You will love it.

Plano, Texas, United States
“Great Breakfast at El Tovar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is said to be the nicest restaurant in the Grand Canyon and it did not disappoint. Service was good the food was fantasitc and a very reasonable value for the Grand Canyon. We were seated next to the fireplace when it was 20 degrees F outside so we were pretty happy.

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Epic meal experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was here with my longtime girlfriend and parents. I wanted to treat the ladies to a 'fancy' meal. My mom, bless her, is very hard to please and she never had to say a word about any request. Our water glasses never got less than half full. Our appetizers were phenomenal, entrees were dynamite, and the cheesecakes we split was good. Not the cheapest dinner, but worth every penny. My family really enjoyed feeling completely pampered during the entire meal experience.

• Visited September 2012