“Maiden voyage, spiritually extreme!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Day trips whitewater rafting through Grand Canyon on the Colorado River provide a stunning view of one of the most breathtaking natural wonders of the world. Grand Canyon Whitewater tours combine thrilling world-class whitewater rafting excursions with time for exploration within Grand Canyon. Side hikes from the river lead to waterfalls, canyons and sites hidden from most visitors. Grand Canyon Whitewater offers 4,5,6,7,8 and 13-day on motorized or oar-powered rafts.
Peach Springs, Arizona, United States
“Maiden voyage, spiritually extreme!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I've been down the river a few times, also having been a river guide from Diamond down for 4 years, I feel like I've seen it all! With the exception of this one trip, our group, "Native voices," was honored to be the maiden voyage. We had elders and other selected individuals from various tribes related to the canyon attend. Also at this time of year the weather was pretty cold! At a few points it even snowed on us, but this seemed to only bring us closer as a team and in many situations this trip could have easily turned into whine fest! I never saw the boatmen and crew faulter once!! They absolutely went above and beyond extreme measures to make everyone as happy as could be! I really, REALLY have to commend my admiration to these guys and GCW!! I wear my river rat pin proud!!

Visited April 2011

Glendale, Arizona
“Floating in God's Glory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

What a great way to experience the Colorado river and all it has to offer at the beginning of the Grand Canyon. Around every turn is a new experience.

Visited May 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“An incredible experience... I'd go back in a second!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I've always loved camping, so my dad took me on the 7-day motorized trip as a graduation gift. It was truly the experience of a lifetime. Sleeping under the stars every night was incredible, only to be beat by the scenery along the river during the day. We saw historic landmarks, hidden waterfalls, wild animals, and crystal-clear springs with water the color of blue kool-aid. The guides were incredibly knowledgable about the canyon, and cooked magnificent dinners every night such as salmon and steak. I will take any and every excuse to go back!

Visited June 2011
CanyonRafting, Manager at Grand Canyon Whitewater - Day Trips, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Mbedell3,
We're glad you enjoyed your trip! What a great grad gift, and congratulations :) My first Colorado River trip was with my father - an experience I won't forget!
-GCW
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“CHECK ONE OFF THE BUCKET LIST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We selected the 5 day oar-powered trip/hike out option. From start to finish it was the most awesome experience ever. The staff at GWC was so helpful and gave us all the information needed to make this trip a success. I felt we were well prepared with our gear. What we weren't prepared for was what we experienced! It was such a thrill rafting down the Colorado river and experiencing the Grand Canyon they way we did. The guides were helpful and informative about the canyon. They took us on some amazing day hikes and cooked some amazing meals! The hike out was such a rewarding experience. Getting to the top was such a thrill! I would highly recommend this trip to everyone! We are still talking about it today!

Visited June 2011
Surprise, Arizona, United States
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Wow--what an experience! The guides (Bianca, Matt, Ted and Zulu) were awesome--they know how to make "camping" an enjoyable experience! The scenery was breathtaking especially my "cross in the rocks" spiritual moment! I will never forget it! There are so many aspects of this trip that I could write a book but words cannot ever relay the actual feelings of doing this fun-filled, exciting and "out of the box" moments that I encountered. Your company is doing a fantastic job making this experience so great for everyone that rafts.

Visited May 2011