“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim

and 1 more site!
You added Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim to your Saves list
Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   End of Highway 67, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86052   |
Winnipeg, Canada
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I loved this place.

I didn’t know it when I booked a Western Cabin that it would be literally on the rim of the Grand Canyon. I’m telling you; the cabin was 20 feet from the rim! The view was mesmerizing. It is quite possibly the best experience I have ever had at a lodge.

Check in was simple and fast. I found the cabin to be very clean and comfortable. Yes, there is no TV, but why would you sit in front of a TV when the wonder of the Grand Canyon is all around you?

I will never forget my experience here. Walking out to the rim of the canyon at midnight when the wind was howling though the canyon and the moon shining bright overhead.

The silence and the wonder of having that moment to myself as there was no one else around may possibly be the most serene and special moment of my life.

Incredible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Hebrew first
Central Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Grand Canyon is an amazing place and having visited both the north and south rim, which both have their strengths, I have to say I favor the north rim. Its less busy, easier to navigate and you are much closer to formations that are very distant when viewed from the south rim.

The downside of the north rim is there are few lodging options. There is the property I am reviewing, and lodging outside the park some distance away. The property therefore wins a lot of points for its location, which offers great views from the hotel itself as well as allowing easy access to other north rim viewpoints. The hotel room, which I stayed in was an okay room and met my main criteria of being clean. I would have stayed in a cabin, but was afraid there might be mice (read enough reviews and you will see reports of them), which would have ruined the entire trip for my wife who abhors them.

We only stayed a couple of nights but had a wonderful time there, partly because the first night was the most beautiful sunset on our trip, and secondly because its a wonderful place. We ate in the dining room several times and the wait staff was good as was the food. One of the receptionists wasn't as friendly but I will give her a pass as I think she had been there a long time and it was very busy.

One of the scary things that happened while we were staying there was that the TPM sensor on our rental reported low inflation. I had no tire gauge and access to a place with tire replacements was distant. I asked someone at the main desk about options and she called a garage mechanic on property who took time to drive over and test the tire pressure on my rental's tires, which were fine, and he even gave me his tire pressure gauge. He refused any money from me and wanted me only to realize that they believe in service there. Pat was his name and he was a Patriots fan, so he was rewarded for his good deeds this last January.

Its worth noting that getting a reservation here can be difficult, so try to plan ahead. If you have specific times you are interested in check the website frequently as things change there and rooms open up, although not for long.

So I recommend this place for its location and great service. And thanks Pat - I really appreciated your help.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Mind blowing experience. A must to see grand canyon. Try dusk or dawn view from rim. The room was excellent. Comfortable beds. With all essentials.several places to eat. Not much choice if you are a vegetarian.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in the motel portion of the grand canyon north rim lodge property. The rooms did not have air conditioning and they were about 10 feet by 10 feet in size. (Very small)

From the shower we could hear other visitors in adjoining rooms talking, sneezing, etc. It was creepy how close they sounded. The bed was comfortable enough and the ceiling fan helped keep the air flow going in the room. I would NOT want to stay here in the heat of the summer.

The outdoor atmosphere was very nice! We were very close to the rim of the grand canyon. We couldn't see the grand canyon from our room, but we walked there in about 5 minutes. The trees were mature and beautiful. The parking was a short walk away... up stairs and a gradual hill. It was nice.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not much puts a smile on my too cool for school 10 year old -but this did! Cabins are authentic rustic yet clean and cozy. Lodge is spectacular. Dinner is amazing! Summer Solstice Star Gazing was Out-of-this-World!!! Stay of a lifetime!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

First time visiting the north rim well worth the extra drive. Alot cooler and greener. The cabins were nice. We stayed in 2 room cabin just for the two of us and there was alot of room for alot more people. The views are absolutely breathtaking. would love to go and stay again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

We stayed here for several nights. We had a small cabin..........which even though we were not far from the lodge and the main road into the lodge, the way the cabins were staggered you could see a small view of the canyon from the window which was pretty special.

The lodge itself is great which amazing views of the canyon and places to sit inside or outside to enjoy the views.

The cabins are very small but are comfortable. We had an enjoyable time.

If visiting the North Rim, this is by far the place to go. No question.

The only down side of the stay was that we had a sewage smell which kept coming into our cabin. We did report this as we departed.

However, I would not let that stop you from going there - I am guessing that it was fixed soon afterwards.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim? Share your experiences!