I loved this place.
I didn’t know it when I booked a Western Cabin that it would be literally on the rim of the Grand Canyon. I’m telling you; the cabin was 20 feet from the rim! The view was mesmerizing. It is quite possibly the best experience I have ever had at a lodge.
Check in was simple and fast. I found the cabin to be very clean and comfortable. Yes, there is no TV, but why would you sit in front of a TV when the wonder of the Grand Canyon is all around you?
I will never forget my experience here. Walking out to the rim of the canyon at midnight when the wind was howling though the canyon and the moon shining bright overhead.
The silence and the wonder of having that moment to myself as there was no one else around may possibly be the most serene and special moment of my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim