“Great Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering guided hiking, sight seeing tours, backpacking trips and custom private tours of Grand Canyon National Park. We tour 365 days per year, seven days a week!
London, Canada
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were lucky to have Kevin as our guide for the day. He picked us up right and time from our hotel. We did the Flagstaff Deluxe tour which visited a number of different looking points along the canyon. He was a great driver and made the trip very comfortable. Kevin knows a lot about the Canyon and you can tell how much he loves showing others the beautiful Canyon. He was very engaging, and knowledgeable as he answered all of our questions. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who is interested in seeing the canyon.

We were lucky and got to eat lunch at the beautiful old hotel in the Grand Canyon National Park making this day that much better.

Visited January 2013

Sydney, Australia
425 attraction reviews
“Best and easiest way to see the Grand Canyon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

From pick-up to drop-off it was a fabulous day.

Ben, our guide (and the owner), was a font of knowledge and made the drive fly past with all the information he had on the area: historical, geological and anecdotal.

He especially wanted our first view of the spectacle that is the Grand Canyon to have impact so he asked us to look down and not peek before we got to the right spot...it made all the difference!

The van was comfortable, there were snacks to be had whenever. Lunch at the El Tovar was not included but he dropped us off and picked us up from it.

Truly a fabulous tour and I highly recommend this, even if you've been before, as you'll be learning - in a fun way - all the way there and back.

Visited January 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“A First Rate Tour Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My parents wanted to see the Grand Canyon but didn't want to risk getting stuck in snow or having car trouble, so we booked an all-day tour with All-Star after trying to book with another, more expensive tour company that would pick us up directly in Sedona. I'm so glad we booked with All-Star instead of the other company.

The drive up the Flagstaff was easy and we met Ben, our tour guide, right at the Hampton Inn off the highway. Even though our tour was nearly full (9 people) it felt small and personal. Ben talked about the ecology of the area on our way to the Canyon and answered questions. At the Canyon it was snowy and most of the Rim Road was closed. But Ben took us to couple overlooks and explained more about the geological history of the canyon and how the different peaks were named. It was so much better having a tour guide to knowledgeably answer your questions instead of just reading the informational signs. We had lunch at El Tovar, which was pretty tasty and reasonably priced. We then went to a few more overlooks (the rest of the road still hadn't reopened), and Ben nicely took photos of everyone, and then we bundled up for the drive home, which included drinks and snacks.

It was disappointing that more of the road wasn't open, but Ben kept a positive attitude and reminded us that our visibility was excellent and, really, I felt we got a great overview of the canyon given the limits of time and weather.

I would highly recommend this tour company to anyone. When I'm back in the area I plan to take some of their other tours.

New York City, New York
“A fun and educational day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My tour guide Karen was very personable and a joy to be around; her vast knowledge of the locations were impressive. I liked that she picked me up at my hotel at the exact time that was mentioned, we went to not only the Grand Canyon but the Navajo reservation as well. I also learned that All-star will shuttle you for free at locations in Downtown Arizona at your discretion. I would use them again, however I wish they would go to other sight-seeing locations as well.

San Francisco, California
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

What a great tour! Everything was so organized. Our guide, Molly,was so accommodating, knowledgable about the area and NEVER made us feel rushed. On top of that, the van is very comfortable, and snacks and drinks are provided. I shopped around for the best tour to the Grand Canyon and I found it! This tour is affordable and worth EVERY penny!