“Caution using nationalparkreservations.com online reservations” 1 of 5 stars

1.800.408.2052
Website
Improve this listing
Pacifica, California
“Caution using nationalparkreservations.com online reservations”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Caution using nationalparkreservations.com online reservations. I tried to book 4 nights at Bright Angel Lodge for $94 a night. Put down Maswick and Grand Hotel in Tusayan as alternates. Got booked for 4 nights at the Grand Hotel for $194 a night. When I cancelled the reservation, instead of being charged the non-refundable 10% fee of $40 for the 4 nights at Bright Angel lodge, I was instead charged a $80 fee for the 4 nights at the Grand. I believe the service should have allowed for a backout if the 1st choice was not available.

Visited March 2014

Austin
27 attraction reviews
“Be careful if you use this service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I was booking reservations for Big Bend National Park and clicked on this website thinking I had gone to an official National Park website. I did not see the fine print that said I would be charged a 10% booking fee for using their service. If you are booking reservations with this company be aware they charge a 10% fee for booking. I would look at the national park's government website for official concessionaires before booking. NPR will keep the %10 fee even if you cancel. It looks very official and if you don't read the reservation policy, you miss the additional fee information. I hope this warning will save others from paying additional funds. For further information on the company check out the national BBB.

Visited October 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“Awesome staff at the Maswick lodge, and accomodations excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Traveling to stay 2 days at the Grand Canyon South Rim. Had excellent services . Arrived with accomodations made 12 hours prior. Was treated with utmost courteous service. Had split arrangements for 2 different rooms for 2 days and was combined and was able to have handicap accomodations . Husband ill and may be last time to travel. The staff went over and above for accomodations. Only dislike, wish I could of stayed longer. Love the conservation, recycling in the park. Wear comfortable shoes, plenty of walking. Bring plenty of water , for altitude. Bring various change of clothing. It snowed the day we arrived end of May, very cool, comfortable. Bring hat, sunscreen. and plenty of film for photos of the wildlife and various views of the canyon. We had deer come up to the back porch in the room we stayed in. Trip of a lifetime. Reservation desk and attraction desk , helped tremedously. Had a airplane discovery ride of the Canyon , Awesome, everyone should do it at least once., especially if you can't walk much.

Bowie, MD
“"Grand Canyon" Tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

My husband and I are really diligent on researching our trip and/or attractions in the area. Because we were unfamiliar with the Grand Canyon, we had no idea that the river rafting trip was a 3+drive via bus to PAGE, AZ. We had just been at Lake Powell and arrived at the canyon where we were to go on our river rafting trip. NOWHERE on the website for the company - http://grand-canyon.com/river.html - did it say that the trip was a 3+ hour drive in a bus EACH way to/from the river. Stupid us as we ASSUMED that the trip was in the Grand Canyon (as advertised). We tried to cancel the trip, but the company said, NO. The bus driver, Gigi, was great as was the river tour guide, Josie. The company; however, was very misleading in their website/information. I was extremely disturbed by their reaction to my wanting to cancel. They said that we would be charged for the trip for two people in the amount of $378 whether or not we went or not. BAD company service. The raft ride itself was very nice.