“Rim to Rim Backpacking with Omar” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Four Season Guides provides outstanding hiking & backpacking tours in Grand Canyon,Havasu Falls, Zion, Bryce, Escalante, Moab and Yosemite. Join adventures ranging from a private day tour to multi-day backcountry excursions. FSG has received fantastic reviews in Backpacker Magazine and is listed in USA Today's Top Ten Best. Four Season Guides is the longest running backpacking company in Grand Canyon with some of the most knowledgeable and experienced guides around. Join us for the trip of a lifetime.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Rim to Rim Backpacking with Omar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The trip turned out to be many times better than I expected. Our guide Omar was supper. He was so full of energy, care and knowledge, that made us feel safe and comfortable from day one. I learned a lot from him about the Grand Canyon, about native people of the area. Omar was such a good cook and fed us so well that I lost not a single pound after this trip. I will definitely recommend Four Seasons Guides to my friends.

Visited May 2013

Hollywood, Maryland
“Grand Canyon Rim to Rim Backpacking Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I recently (May/June 2013) completed a rim to rim backpacking trip through the Grand Canyon. This was a FANTASTIC experience. The company did a great job of preparing us for the trip. The equipment was of great quality. We flew in from the East Coast, so did not want to bring our own gear. We were both very pleased with the backpacks and tents that were provided.Our guide (Omar) had a contagious love of the canyon, along with a wealth of knowledge of all things to do with the canyon. He was also a lot of fun and GREAT cook! We were pleasantly surprised by the great meals (and coffee) that were provided during the trip. Omar did a great job of keeping us all on track and keeping us safe while still allowing us plenty of time to enjoy the sites and take pictures. The beauty of the canyon far exceeded our expectations. We were blown away! Ribbon Falls and the Colorado River were especially beautiful. Unexpected bonuses included the number of bathrooms available along the way, the ability to get wet/cooled off in streams and waterfalls, and cold beer at Phantom Ranch! This is a trip that we will remember fondly for the rest of our lives. We highly recommend this trip and this company. They are local, and they know their stuff!!!!

Knox, New York
“Cannot say enough good things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I just returned from a Rim to Rim Grand Canyon backpacking trip with Four Seasons Guides (Scott was my guide) and cannot say enough good things about the experience and careful planning that went into the trip. Backpacking in the Grand Canyon in late spring is not for the faint of heart, but Scott's careful and strategic planning ensured that we were comfortable throughout, even with temps approaching 100. I will say that what you put into preparation on your side matters- all five participants had trained for a number of months to ensure fitness and the ability to carry the appropriate weight. This made a difference. Scott and his colleagues at Four Seasons are smart, seasoned and 100% committed to a great experience for their guests. You will not be disappointed.

Yarmouth, Maine
“Rim to Rim Backpacking Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just finished a North Rim to South Rim backpacking trip with Scott, a veteran guide for Four Seasons, and 4 other people. Four Seasons was very organized before and during the trip, and made the experience both very enjoyable and smooth. The gear they supplied was very good; Scott's food planning and execution excellent, as well as his planning for each day's hike to maximize our staying as cool as possible (it did go over 100 degrees); and overall the trip and experience were great! I would certainly do a trip again with Four Seasons.

Germany
“Havasu Falls hike - thank you Four Seasons Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Yesterday I finally returned back to Germany after a wonderful vacation and are getting back to my daily routine.
I just wanted to thank you all for your support, Ryanne, Dave and Brian during booking and Brian for the orientation meeting. The information given was really helpful during the trip.
Special thanks to Omar, he was a perfect guide and did a wonderful job. Never tired to answer a question or to lend a helping hand.
I had a good time in the canyon and enjoyed the trip very much. I really could not imagine before that it would be so beautiful down there. I try to stay in shape and hopefully will join you for another hike in the future.
Greetings from cold and rainy Germany
Bettina