“Rim to rim hike” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hiking Guides

Four Seasons Hiking Guides
1051 South Milton Ave. Suite F, Flagstaff, Arizona, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86001
+1 877-272-5032
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Four Season Guides provides outstanding hiking & backpacking tours in Grand Canyon,Havasu Falls, Zion, Bryce, Escalante, Moab and Yosemite. Join adventures ranging from a private day tour to multi-day backcountry excursions. FSG has received fantastic reviews in Backpacker Magazine and is listed in USA Today's Top Ten Best. Four Season Guides is the longest running backpacking company in Grand Canyon with some of the most knowledgeable and experienced guides around. Join us for the trip of a lifetime.
Sewickley
“Rim to rim hike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I are in the process of completing as many of the "best treks in the world" as we can. The Grand Canyon Rim to Rim is consistently on many of those lists. While this 23-mile hike can be completed without a guide, we are 58 and 63 and no longer want to do the heavy lifting involved with backpacking. We chose Four Seasons because its ratings on tripadvisor were all excellent. We weren't disappointed. There were five clients and one guide, Brian, in our group. While the clients all carried 30-35 pound packs (provided by Four Seasons, along with all the equipment and food), Brian carried almost 100 pounds. He chose the best campsites, set up and took down the tents, prepared all the food, made sure we didn't miss any sights and kept us entertained and healthy. He's also an EMT. Brian definitely gets a rating of excellent! The food was plentiful and very good--a combination of freeze-dried, fresh and lots of vegetables. Dinner at Plateau Point at sunset was just spectacular! The equipment was current, clean and in great shape. My husband and I had previously visited the Grand Canyon, doing a lot of day hikes down from the rim, but being in the canyon was a completely different, wonderful experience. I would definitely recommend Four Seasons to others who want an assisted backpacking trip!

Visited October 2012

Los Angeles, California, United States
14 attraction reviews
“Valet Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the second lodge based trip I have taken with Four Seasons Guides. I went to the Grand Canyon last year, and just returned from Bryce/Zion/Escalante on Sunday. I was so pleased with my first experience, that I did not hesitate to use them again. By chance Bob happened to be my guide both times. He is patient and gentle and never got irritated with us older ladies (50 and 60) who are more used to Starbucks and the gym! He prepared great lunches for us each day, and the there is always plenty to eat and drink at snack time. I will do Yosemite with them for my third trip. If they offered more choices for lodge based, I would do more. You are picked up from the airport in Vegas (if that is your start) and taken back. My sister lives in Vegas and Bob picked her up and dropped her off at home. I don't think you can get better service than that!

st louis
“phantom ranch hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was an excellent experience. It was better than we ever imagined. There were eight of us in the group. Dave and Matt were our guides. The guides were organized, knowledgeable, friendly, prompt and accessible. I don't know how it could have been better. I recommend this hike to anyone thinking about doing it.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Four Seasons Rim2Rim Hiking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

By far the best experience. Wonderful guide - Blair. Well prepared for food. Can provide more insight on Canyons but we were equally busy with taking pictures.
Amazing experience that we will remember for life.

Suggestion - small hikes for family with kids (above 8-9 yrs old) will be quite popular if big push is made by FSGuides.

Mallorytown, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Havasu Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had the most wonderful adventure with the Havasu Falls trip! Mary and I had Chris Updike , our guide, all to ourselves. We learned so much about life, nature, sociology, and each other.

I have some food allergies, and Ryanne (at Four Seasons) did a great job preparing menus and supplies to accomodate me. Chris can cook!

The hike down to the campground, and the falls was perfectly doable. Made me feel that I had accomplished something profound. All the waterfalls, and streams were glorious.
All Brian's organization made us relaxed, and confident. Thank you so much for the experience of a lifetime.

Special thanks to Chris for being himself.
Diana