After almost six hours on the mule, I was ready for the friendly greeting from Fred from Phantom Ranch who met us with a cool glass of water . The cabins are small but clean. The bunch beds are a bit tiny but the cabins had AC which was fantatick as the ride was long and hot. The shower house has wonderful clean hot showers! The canteen was open so that we could buy and send post cards delivered up the canyon by mule....I mailed one to myself on Wednesday and it was at home the day I got home Saturday AMAZING! The food was good especially breakfast. Wished we had known there was a window where hikers were buying coffee prior to actual breakfast. Be sure to go to the creek not as cold as I was told but NICE and refreshing. A fun time at Phantom!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phantom Ranch is a historic oasis nestled at the bottom of Grand Canyon. It is on the north side of the Colorado River tucked in beside Bright Angel Creek. Phantom is the only lodging below the canyon rim. The Ranch can only be reached by mule, by foot or by rafting the Colorado River. Overnight accommodations at Phantom Ranch consist of dormitory spaces and cabins. Cabins and dormitories are heated in winter and cooled during the summer months. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Phantom Ranch Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Phantom Ranch Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon Phantom Ranch