“A little tricky!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Hiking Trails, Trails
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: One of the two superhighways into the Canyon, the other being the Bright Angel Trail, this path runs along a ridge offering stunning views. During the summer, visitors are advised to bring at least two quarts of water along because it can get very hot and the trail offers no shade.
Minnesota
15 attraction reviews
“A little tricky!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have to say I wasn't feeling my best the day we hiked this trail. The views are spectacular & magnificent ... basically the trail follows a ridge line and all the way up you are on the "outside" so when you meet someone, my advice is to stop and let them pass. There's not much trail etiquette ... my feeling is that the exhausted souls heading UP THE TRAIL, have the right of way without question (my husband and I had a big debate about this). My feeling is that your pretty rickety on the way up so people headed down should just get out of the way. DON'T MISS ANY OF THESE TRAILS! they're spectacular ... but hold on to the kids!

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
NH
9 attraction reviews
“Must do. Major Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We took shuttle bus and got there at 8:30. Still some ice and snow on upper switchbacks but all doable. Took to heart the warning not to go to base and back in one day. Easily could have. Got to cedar point. Really feel part of canyon when you climb down. My two teenagers loved it. And views amazing. Scale better understood than by the rim walks. Truly one of the highlights for all of us

Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
“Perfect day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I wrote a lot of detail on this in my grand canyon review. We loved this day trip and highly recommend it.

Visited April 2013
“Going deep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Steep with multiple switchbacks in the beginning. If your child needs to pee, get comfortable having them going between waves of crowds. Definitely take a water back-pack and fresh vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower because they are naturally salty. A 23 year old marathon runner died recently because she didn't take enough water and only packed a protein bar...the story's posted at the Kaibab Trailhead.

USA
“Rim to river and back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Left at dawn on Good Friday. We were dipping our toes in the river at 9:00 am. Back to the top at 1:30. A truly memorable hike. But we were also well prepared and had trained for it. As the rangers say, we don't recommend trying this. . . .