“Truly no words...” 5 of 5 stars

$25*
and up
Grand Canyon IMAX Movie
Type: Canyons, Geologic Formations, National Parks, Parks, Outdoors
Activities: Hiking, Group tours/helicopter tour, Group tours/walking tour, Camping, Group tours/day tour, Group tours/air tour, Walking, White-water rafting, Birdwatching, Viewing wildlife, Helicopter rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in northwest Arizona and arguably the world's most popular (and splendid) natural tourist attraction, the massive Canyon is 277 miles long, 18 miles wide, and at its deepest point, is more than a mile from rim to river. Most of the Canyon lies within Grand Canyon National Park and is managed by the National Park Service. It incorporates three geographically separated areas: the South Rim, the North Rim and the inner canyon.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Los Angeles, California
54 attraction reviews
“Truly no words...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

One may think they understand the glory, grandeur and epic wonder that is the Grand Canyon, but truly no words can sum up how amazing one of the seven wonders of the world is. I recommend at least a three days stay as the Canyon has many aspects to completely enjoy. One day to enjoy some scenic views from the topside and photo spots. One day to hike (not all day, but even half day is enough, then recovery.) One day for misc activities, donkey ride to bottom, glass-bottom bridge, tourism museums, and more. I still can't believe how amazing it was.

Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
“South Bass trail”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

For all you people, if you decided on to go in south bass trail, please rethink.
It is one of deadliest trail and if you have never had any hiking experience before, I advice you not to do it on this trail.
The trail is very steep and tiresome and chances are much to fall sick.
You don't have water on the way, unless u carry ample of water.

I am new to this hiking, so decided to start with south bass trail, and it was deadly.
first day, I got completely sick and lot of blisters on my toes and couldn't walk.
Guide and group were walking at a high pace, that I had to rush without much rest
First day was around 8 hrs of hike with no rest

Finally with much difficulty I reached and went back to my home.
After 2 days, I got sick and admitted in ICU for rhabdomylsis, acute renal failures and pulmonary edema.
Since the hike was very hectic, my body didn't have endurance and I had internal muscle injury which led to release of toxins which affected the kidney. The usage of pain killers - ibrufen added to my kidney failures. Since my kidney wasnot able to filter waste from my blood, I got edema and started to cough blood.
On the top of it, because of this elevation, I got cardiomyopathy, a heart disease where in the heart pumping ratio decreased and was not able to pump enough blood. The ejection fraction ratio reduced to 40%. This lead to shortness of breathness and needed ventilators.
I got really sick because of kidney and heart failures, all because of this hike.

Please rethink if you really have endurance to south bass trail, else evaluate your options.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
34 attraction reviews
“Ok, it received a poor rating for the weather.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have never seen the Grand Canyon. We drove 3 1/2 hours from Las Vegas to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Once we got there, there was so much snow that you could not see the canyon. Who would have thought Arizona would have had more snow that Chicago?

None of the paths were cleaned up, and elderly people were slipping on all of the walk ways. We saw more than a few people fall down, and a couple looked like they really hurt themselves.

Do yourself a favor and call the park before driving all the way out there to make sure that you can at least see something.

Visited December 2012
Ystrad Mynach
5 attraction reviews
“Grand Canyon, always outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This visit, by Harley Davidson in October 2012, was my third visit to this majestic place. My second visit was by a Canyon Tour helicopter, so I have been able to view its beauty from both ground and air, yet it still draws me back. I am a keen photographer, and on each visit I have failed to capture its magnificent beauty, as seen by the naked eye. The pictures get close but cannot match being there and seeing, sensing, its commanding presence. I cannot recommend visiting this wonder enough, but be careful getting near the edges, even if you do have a sure footing and a strong stomach/heads for heights. Absolutely brilliant and you will not forget it.

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California
8 attraction reviews
“Hike Down, but BRING WATER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Of course the Grand Canyon is absolutely stunning, but please always remember that although you are in a National Park, you can get yourself in real trouble! I've seen far too many people in dress clothing with 8 oz bottles of water hiking miles down into the canyon....with their children!
You are not at the zoo. Please be prepared.
And once you've made it to the bottom and back, you may graduate onto Havasupai!

Visited June 2012