“A surprise treat in the shadow of Denali N.P.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Houston, Texas
“A surprise treat in the shadow of Denali N.P.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had a fantastic dinner at 229 Parks during our stay in the Denali area. This place has a nice, well-conceived menu and the food was excellent. I would expect to find food like that in major cities, but not in a such a remote place (remote and beautiful).

Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Leave room for dessert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were told about this place by a local and also advised to make reservations. We were there at 6:30pm on a Thursday and they were turning away people. When I said we had reservations the hostess said she was so happy to have someone she didn't have to turn away. I would definitely say get reservations. We were with friends and all had something different. One of my friends wasn't crazy about her food but my husband and I loved ours. I'll probably never be back there but would certainly try it again if I was in the area. Also, we didn't think their prices were bad at all for the quality. I had a chocolate cream pudding for dessert. It was so good I wanted to lick the bowl.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in Denali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place is amazing. The food is absolutely incredible. And relatively speaking, the price is not that extravagant. The food you're getting is well worth the cost.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“One of the best meals I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This little gem of a restaurant is hiding in plain sight right off the highway. The service was impeccable. Very pleasant atmosphere. They hire the locals, how refreshing!! They are a scratch kitchen using mostly local products. Their dishes are creative and exceptionally well presented. I had the steak baguettes with a mouth watering parmesan alioli sauce. The sirloin tips were exceptionally tender, and the bread was amazing, crisp and fresh. The salad, well the pickled onions were a delightful surprise and raspberry vinaigrette dressing was the best I have ever had. My husband had the brick chicken which was succulent and tender. The desserts were to die for! This was an exceptional meal, at an exceptional price! The atmosphere was very Alaskan - a large log cabin. Do not miss this dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hobart
“Wonderful food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had just got back from a scenic flight around Denali and dropped in to see if they could seat us. It was very busy but they found us a spot at the bar. The food is exceptional with local produce the star. Very friendly staff even though we looked pretty scruffy from hiking earlier in the day. Do yourself a favour and book a table. You won't be disappointed.