“Low Integrity” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Denali Park Salmon Bake Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denali National Park and Preserve
Denali Park Salmon Bake Cabins
Mile 238.5 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755   |
Arlington, Virginia
“Low Integrity”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We ate here on a trip to Denali and while the food was relatively good, we found their integrity to be rather shallow. After drinking nearly 20 drinks for our table of 4 (and intentions to drink more), we were approached and told that we would have to be leaving at 11pm, as we did not pay their $10 cover charge. After letting them know our dissatisfaction, they still did not budge. We then realized we were not given our discount of 10%, which we then recieved (instead of being offered a comped cover charge). This venue feeds off of tourists to keep them a float and provides for locals late night. I highly recommend skipping the Salmon Bake, not because their food or drinks are bad, but simply due to a lack of integrity. I therefore give it 2 stars simply because their was quality in their food and beverages.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had an amazing time at the Salmon Bake and recommend it regularly to friends and fellow travelers. I arrived during the summer months and it was a surprisingly happening spot with all the imported summer help. A memorable experience to say the least.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The styrofoam cabin idea works pretty well overall. It had gaps at the door which we blocked somewhat with a towel. It was nice and dark for sleeping! Bring earplugs as the restaurant is nearby and is a happening place! These cabins are about a mile to the Denali WAC; there is a paved path along the road to get you there as well as a shuttle service if you do not have a car.

Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We wanted something more rustic for our time in Denali since we usually camp but couldn't this time around. We stayed for 3 nights in the beginning of July. The cabins are rustic but we found ours clean (#10). We had maid service everyday and the beds were more comfortable then expected. We had electricity and a heater that worked just fine. The bathrooms are shared in a separate building and we knew that from reading the website- not sure why others were surprised by this. They were cleaner then most bath houses in state parks and what is expected from communal bathrooms (I always were flip flops). I think many of the reviewers failed to do their homework on what type of place this was, if you did read reviews and the website you didn't expect much more than you had. A clean place to lay your head with a bonus of electricity and modern bathrooms at a pretty cheap price for the area. We did find the "free shuttle" as advertised not free as they just tell you to ride one of the other shuttles that has a small charge but they did take us to the train station when we needed it in the Salmon Bake van. It was a very convenient location and we would certainly stay here again.

Taberg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Salmon Bake in July. You can not beat the location, nice people, comfortable cabins and the delicious food. Within walking distance to park or take the shuttle. Thanks to everyone at the Bake! We would definitely stay again.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I arrived at the train station and was met by the manager which was greatly appreciated. I stayed in Cabin 2 with an ensuite which was fine for my purposes - I was there to hike. This slightly rustic wooden structure was more in keeping with Denali than a pristine hotel room that could have been anywhere, and I was glad I chose it. The fridge was great since I wanted to buy my own food as much as possible, though I had to unplug the wide screen TV to run it - no problem as I had no intention of watching TV in one of the most exquisite environments in the world. The cabin was clean with intact pillow cases and bedding, and the mattress was VERY comfortable. The space heater worked well. The room was cleaned each day with fresh towels and bathmat supplied. Okay it was basic, and they had run out of soap, but they supplied shampoo which I used instead. My only complaint was the squeaky door of one of the common toilets adjacent to my cabin which ensured I wakened early. Hopefully they've oiled it by now. While you can hear people going in and out of the toilets, it's not enough to worry about, but I would recommend trying to get Cabin 3 or 4 or others that have ensuites (I think) but stand alone. There's a tour desk inside the restaurant where you can get information and book activities. Tiffany was incredibly helpful in every way possible - from finding a fantastic narrated hike to arranging a lift to the train station at short notice, always cheerfully - and I want to thank her in particular for contributing to my wonderful experience in Denali.

Room Tip: Ask for a stand-alone cabin with an ensuite.