“Decent cabins” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denali National Park and Preserve
Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins
You added Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins to your Saves list
224 Mile, George Parks Highway, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Decent cabins”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

We stayed a couple of nights in this hostel. The cabin was very clean and nice. Since this was the first time we stayed in a hostel, we were really surprised to see signs everywhere about the rules, regulations and chores to follow!! Anyway, it is a decent place to stay in Denali.

• Stayed June 2006

Business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2005

I stayed in one of the cabins by the creek and it was very nice - cozy and clean with a comfortable bed. I had the chance to talk with people from all over the world in the lounge in the main building. I would have liked to be able to check in earlier (check-in is at 4pm) and I'll ask about that next time.

• Stayed August 2005
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2005

I have been all over the world from New Zealand, to Rome, to Alaska, this hostel can not be matched. The comfort of the surroundings, the friendliness of the hosts, and the beauty of the location combined to create the most memorable vacation I've had. I cried when I had to leave after three weeks, enough said.

• Stayed June 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2005

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Our friends who stayed at the pricier cabins down the road were jealous! We had a great time hanging out at the campfire, or in the main lodge on rainy evenings. We got to meet people from all over the world, and saw a spectacular northern lights show. Some folks in our group were dubious about staying in a hostel, but they all loved it and couldn't stop raving about it for the rest of our time in Alaska. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

I've stayed in dozens of hostels and never had such a problem as I did with this one. I arrive and they accuse me of not showing up for the 5:30 shuttle even though the email I sent to them and the one they sent to me confirmed 9:30. The internet isn't working nor has it in a long time, nor will it in the foreseeable future, but they still put the claim 'High Speed Internet' on the front page of their website. The microwave isn't working. The front desk staff is rude to me right off the bat and later to those in my party, rolling their eyes, etc.

I wrote a letter to the 'owner' and what does she say? She accuses me of 'pounding my fists on their desk' (another false accusation) and says that she would've asked me to leave if she had been there.

Stay away...far, far away. Spend your money elsewhere with people who know how to treat their customers!

• Stayed August 2005
Tbilisi, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

The Denali Mountian Morning Hostel lived up to its reputation as the best hostel in Alaska. We got a private room in the main house which was clean with a comforable bed. I would also recommend trying food across the street at the Perch restaurant which is pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins? Share your experiences!