“Good lodging at a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denali National Park and Preserve
Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins
You added Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins to your Saves list
224 Mile, George Parks Highway, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New England
“Good lodging at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed in "Iceworm 1" for four nights while spending our days in the park. We had a car so the fifteen minute drive was not a problem. The cabin was basic but clean and the bed was comfy with adequate linens. The shared kitchen was well equipped and we made breakfasts, packed lunches and cooked two dinners without having any one else around. The showers were hot and cleanest in the afternoon before the heavy usage started. If you are looking for basic lodgings DMMH is a good one!

• Stayed July 2011

Business
Blokzijl, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was traveling on my own trough Alaska, it was amazing but from all the hostels i stayed this one was really the best! beautiful location great kitchen and shower facilities and the cabins are so cute! i had a great stay! even the shuttle is limited but it works good!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We had a fantastic time at this hostel! The staff are all very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and cozy, and the setting can't be beat! Great location too with 3 restaurants right across the road and also free shuttle service to and from the park a quick drive away! I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Denali! You'll be happy you stayed here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We (husband and I) stayed here for 3 nights in June, in the Razorback cabin. This was great, with it's own (limited) kitchen, and slightly treacherous stairs up to the bedroom. A quick walk across to the bathrooms (with their super-strength deliciously hot hot hot showers) was no problem at any time of day in June due to the constant daylight! The hostel has a shuttle to the park, but we had our own car which made the timing slightly more flexible.
One morning we awoke to find a bear on the doorstep of our cabin, so it really is in the wilderness. Speaking of wilderness, the wifi here was a surprise!
I would definitely recommend this plce.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The cabin itself is good. You do have a couple of power outlets to charge your phone. The room is fairly clean, but the staff forgot to throw away the trash (so we had to do that ourselves). They have no shoe policy in the main house. However, when we were there, a lot of people ignored the rule and wore their shoes inside, which forced us to do so as well (I don't want to get my feet dirty.) They also provide free rides to Denali, but we didn't use this service. The kitchen is big and we enjoyed cooking there. Even though it says "free internet", but we couldn't get connection any where unless we are out in the middle of the road (in between cabins).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
DMMH, Owner at Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Hello CatySung;
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply and I'm sorry your stay wasn't perfect, which is our goal. I just wanted to comment on a couple things you said. Regarding the Internet, I think you meant that you had no cell phone reception. We are located in a very spotty area for that. Some people LOVE that and some hate it. However, we can and do direct you to where you can get cell reception which is within seconds of where you may be, as it seems you discovered. Sorry, but I can't control cell phone reception.
You may have had Internet problems too, but this is not the normal condition. We did have a router extender fail this year and we were down until we could get a replacement from Anchorage (a couple days).
Sorry about people not obeying the No Shoe Rule too. I agree with you, if other people are wearing their shoes, no sense getting your socks dirty, put yours on!
Thanks for your comments and the opportunity to reply.
Howell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed for 10 days at the hostel and, without exaggeration, it was the best experience of my life. Very clean and most importantly, everyone who works there is amazing. They are some of the friendliest people I ever met and they really make you feel like you're at a home away from home. I could not have asked for anything better. I met the nicest and most interesting people (of all ages from all around the world) staying there. If you stay for at least a few days (which you should if you want to see the Denali area), you will find yourself feeling like part of the community. If I had the choice to stay here again or at the resorts near by for the same cost, I'd pick Denali Mountain Morning Hostel every time, hands down. The night before I left, one of the workers there told me "When you leave Alaska, you never truly go home." As I write this review I can't help but feel that I left a part of myself there. Kudos to the staff and guests, I'll really miss all of you! But I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Tx.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed in the octogon room. It was nice, clean, and the bed was comfortable.

The other patrons were considerate and friendly (which is nice at a hostel- that would never matter at a hotel). The staff was polite and helpful.

It is close enough to the park but with a few bus options, it would be best if you had a car. There is a wonderful pizza restaurant across the street but the kitchen at the hostel makes it more affordable.

The room was small but let's be honest, if you're hanging out in your room rather than exploring Denali. . .you have a serious problem.

This is the perfect place to stay whether you're visiting Denali National Park or just passing through.

We stayed at a cruise line owned hotel the night before we visited the hostel and I would much rather stay at the hostel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Denali Mountain Morning Hostel and Cabins? Share your experiences!