“Denali Horseback Tours - Healy” 5 of 5 stars

907 322 3886
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Denali Horseback Tours is a small family owned and operated business located in Healy, Alaska, just few minutes from Denali National Park entrance. We live here year-round and would like to share our Alaskan lifestyle with you! Come ride with us, the closest horseback outfitter to Denali, into some of the most spectacular backcountry in the world, under the midnight sun of Alaska’s north!
Limerick, Ireland
“Denali Horseback Tours - Healy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is an excellent choice of horseback tour. Ivana is a really friendly and very informative woman. She is very accommodating and patient with people who are nervous around horses and have never riden a horse before (me!)...she chose the perfect horse for me - "Tuff" - and a more energetic horse for my husband as he had been on a horse before and was more comfortable with them. His horse was called "Conor". We went for a 4 hour leisurely tour and Ivana was very knowledgeable along the way. I would highly recommend this based on the experience I had.

Visited July 2012

Lawrence, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Very informative and fun trailride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Going for a horseback ride with Ivana (owner) was a great way to see more of the beautiful nature and learn about the way of life in Alaska.
I booked the ride a few weeks in advance via email and she was very accommodating with the schedule. I ended up with an 2.5 hour evening ride and got to enjoy the beautiful sunlight.
I'm an experienced rider and the other two riders were, too. Ivana paired us up with our horses and you can tell that she knows a lot about horses since she just picked the perfect horse for any of us. She also knows and tells (if you ask) a lot about her life in Alaska and this was very interesting.

Visited July 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Awesome Horseback Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Denali Horseback Tours is an excellent choice if you want to do some horseback riding while in the Denali area. I called a few months in advance to book our tour and spoke with Ivana, the owner/manager of Denali Horseback tours. She was very accommodating and willing to tailor the excursion to our expectations and experience level. The riders in our party had no previous riding experience but she assured me that would not be a problem.
On the day of the tour we were picked up at our hotel in the Denali area and driven out to the stables. Upon arrival at the stables we were paired up with our horses and began the ride. It was a nice ride through the Alaska countryside and the horses’ temperament’s worked well for our level of experience (or inexperience; however you want to look at it).
Ivana was an excellent guide and is very experience with horses. She did a great job of providing a tour that suited our riding skill. I highly recommend Denali Horseback Tours if you are looking to do some riding while in Alaska.

Visited June 2010
DenaliHorsebackTours, Owner at Denali Horseback Tours, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience! :-)