We stayed one night at Furnace Creek Ranch while on a road trip. Didn't know what to expect with it being fairly remote, but we were very pleased with the room and facilities.
The ranch and its buildings are made to have the feel of an old western town which we liked.
The room was clean and the usual pretty big size that America rooms tend to be.
Good sized pool which is warm spring fed, great to watch the sunset over the mountains.
Very friendly staff at the general store and bar/restaurant.
Only down side was the food in the bar could have been better. It seemed like generic frozen/reheated food and some chicken was served raw. Although they apologised and replaced the dish it was not ideal. I would recommend paying a bit more to eat in the steak restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley