Our experience with the Xanterra operated facilities in the Grand Canyon is so awful that we expected the same at Furnace Creek. We were pleasantly surprised. At the same time as Xanterra does the low and middle end horribly, they do the high end quite well.
The Furnace Creek Inn is a tad expensive but no more so than a high end resort in a place like Laguna Beach. The rooms are really nice and worked really well for our stay which was to do long hikes each day and then clean up for an elegant dinner. We had a great shower, a large walk in closet for our gear, and comfortable beds.
The service overall is great. The food is very good in the dining room.
And the grounds are an amazing contrast to the stark environment that is Death Valley.
We had a couple of lunches at the Furnace Creek Ranch places (saloon and diner) and both were good.
To save money I would recommend the Ranch but it is worth a trip up the hill to the Inn for dinner. If money is not an issue, then the Inn is the place to be.
The Inn price included free golf. If we had done that, it would have been a very middle-range price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley