The location is the best part of this motel - Xanterra knows this and charges accordingly. For what they’re charging the facilities should be much nicer.
The room was simple, but reasonably clean. The furnishings are a bit tired and garish. The air conditioner roared and squeeked, and the bathroom is on the small side, with absolutely no storage or counter space. The refrigerator came in handy as did the coffee maker.
The free ice maker was a life saver. The pool was pleasant and mostly clean, considering all the wind/dust storms. Wifi and cell service are nonexistent. There is a general store, restaurant and bar on site. Although overworked, their staff is professional and pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located right in Death Valley National Park is the ultimate destination for adventure travelers. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village, with its unique hotel, Death Valley restaurant and Western saloon, has been at the end of the trail for vacationers since 1926. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells hotels in Death Valley is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort