We really enjoyed our stay at Stovepipe Wells. It is a lovely hotel/model in the middle of the desert, so there is a few things to point out.
- You will love the pool, which is cool enough to enjoy when it is 45 degrees outside.
- You will appreciate the ice distributor, because there is no cold water in the room - even when you turn the cold water on, you get hot water.
- The only places you can get food from are the general store and the restaurant, and they close at 10pm.
- Food and goods are a bit expensive, but after all, you are in the desert.
- The two double beds room can get a bit tiny when you are four sharing it.
- The gift shop is actually quite good, and not too tacky-touristy.
- The fuel is cheaper there than in Furnace Creek so fill up the tank before heading south-east.
I would definitely stay again, the staff is great, there is a computer room with board games. And you can go watch the sunset in the dunes, 2 minutes away by car. If you are planning to go to Death Valley, definitely stop there!
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort