I was pretty impressed with Stovepipe. Often when there aren't many choices in a destination, places can get sloppy. I didn't find that here. The basic room I got was small but clearly updated and clean. It was no nonsense but definitely did not feel worn or dingy in any way, it was perfect for me. No tv or closet but for a one night stay it did what I needed it to. they had some cool decor also with great death valley photographs and pages from old publications.
The restaurant is decent and although service was a little slow, I went on a shoulder season on a Monday and they were clearly slammed, probably not expecting the big crowd that night. Service was still polite, they got me what I needed, and the food was decent.
The Badwater Saloon has a pretty impressive beer selection for such an outpost. The bartender was friendly, helpful, and did a great job. They also seemed to have a lot of tequilas.
There are also gift shops and helpful folks at the front desk.
If you're looking for a clean crash pad to get some food and clean up after a day of hiking around in the heat, I think you'll like this spot. I was Travelling alone and had a very full day rolling in there, so I found it to be a prefect spot before taking off early the next morning.
Also a travel note... They said it would be loud at night because a sand storm was raging, however I usually sleep with ear plugs so it didn't bother me a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located right in Death Valley National Park is the ultimate destination for adventure travelers. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village, with its unique hotel, Death Valley restaurant and Western saloon, has been at the end of the trail for vacationers since 1926. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells hotels in Death Valley is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort