We did not have that many choices for lodging in Death Valley NP and as we did not want to camp and Furnace Creek was too expensive for us, we decided to stay at Stovepipe Wells Village. You get a simple room (bed, table, bathroom) in a motel-style complex with a shop, a restaurant, a bar and a pool. The rooms seem to be pretty old and they do not do much to really keep it up-to-date. Besides that it is not very clean either. For the money we paid, you would normally expect more, but as you are in the middle of nowhere you have to take what you can get. Very nice for us was the terrace you have in front of each room (a table and some chairs). You can sit there in the evening, enjoy the evening sun and see the great sunset in the desert.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located right in Death Valley National Park is the ultimate destination for adventure travelers. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village, with its unique hotel, Death Valley restaurant and Western saloon, has been at the end of the trail for vacationers since 1926. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells hotels in Death Valley is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort