The last time I visited Death Valley I stayed at the Furnace Creek Inn. Although the hotel was nicer than the Stovepipe Hotel, I opted to stay at the latter because of its close proximity to the Mesquite Dunes. I did not regret my choice.
The hotel is clean, has a fridge, coffee maker and TV. I also really enjoyed the quality and scent of the shampoo, and lotion provided by the hotel. They have dispensers for the shampoo and lotion rather than small bottles usually given at hotels, which I really liked. The gift shop had nice souvenirs, and the worker (Karen) was extremely friendly and helpful.
The service at the restaurant was good, a huge improvement from the last time I ate there. I ordered a salad and it was very watery, with very few beans. I didn't enjoy it. My friend ordered a veggie burger, which she said she really enjoyed. Perhaps I will try that next time. The margaritas were weak and cost $8, which I thought was really outrageous.
The pool was decent, and clean. There was a worker checking the water while I was there.
I must say that what really sets this place apart from the other hotels is the location. Watching the dunes at sunset is an absolute MUST. They are so close to the hotel that you can go at sunset and sunrise without having to drive more than 4 minutes. I also went stargazing in the parking lot of of the Mesquite Dunes area.
If you are looking for a great location to be in, stay here. I paid $146.00 for my double room bed (20% spring special).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stovepipe Wells Village hotels, located right in Death Valley National Park is the ultimate destination for adventure travelers. Authentically western, rustic yet comfortable, Stovepipe Wells Village, with its unique hotel, Death Valley restaurant and Western saloon, has been at the end of the trail for vacationers since 1926. After hiking around the badlands, sand dunes and canyons, Stovepipe Wells hotels in Death Valley is more than a welcome sight with our friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food and cold drinks. It's a place where history is made and legends born. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort