There are very few hotels at Death Valley national Park as you have probably found out by now. Stovepipes Wells hotel should be your best choice.
1. It is located at the center of the national park, with easy access to all the major attractions.
2. The hotel offers three tiers of rates to fit your budget.
3. It is twice cheaper than the other main hotel in the park and with better room amenities.
4. Right across the hotel, there is a general store and a gas station (which you will definitely need)
5. Ranger station is right across the hotel.
The hotel offer three categories of rooms. The lowest rates - for small rooms, in the center U shaped court, no TV. The small room Window faces the court. no privacy.
The middle range rates - rooms at newer building, bigger rooms, larger windows with view, no TV
The High end range rates - same as the middle range rate and including TV...
I stayed at the middle range category.
The hotel has a swimming pool, drinking water faucets all over the premises, restaurant and bar. Food supplies can be purchased across the road at the general store.
Summary - Best option for your dollar value and sightseeing consideration. no doubt.
By the way, if you ever wonder what kind of a name is Stovepipe Wells... Well, It has to do with the old location of the water wells in the valley, that were marked with tall stove pipes - so thirsty travelers can see it from far away.
- Also Known As:
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel
- Stovepipe Wells
- Stovepipe Wells Village Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stovepipe Wells Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.